At Lakeside Christian Academy, we believe that home and school should work together to help students grow to honor and glorify God in their lives in cultivating appropriate decision making in all areas of their life. Our goal in preschool is to prepare each student academically and socially for Kindergarten. Lakeside Christian Academy’s Preschool is STARS rated which is a part of our dedication to the nurturing of all students.
The core curriculum is comprised of Bible, Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, and Vocabulary.
BELIEVE. SERVE. ACHIEVE
BELIEVE: As a Christian Preschool, we introduce our preschool children to God's Word, His son, Jesus, and beloved stories of the Bible that children can relate to. We teach Bible daily, as well as have Campus Church weekly.
SERVE: It is our goal to teach our children to serve others. We do this by instilling character throughout their lessons and play (sharing, consideration, cooperation, etc.). We also participate in several community outreach projects throughout the year.
ACHIEVE: At LCA, we have high academic expectations for our children, and are so pleased to see them meet or exceed them year after year. Here are some of the things you can expect them to be learning:
- PLEDGES: American Flag, Christian Flag, and Bible
- BIBLE: stories and Memory Verses
- LANGUAGE ARTS: Phonics, Pre-Reading/Reading, Writing
- MATH: Numbers, Counting, Shapes, Colors
- INTEGRATED: seasonal themes include History of American Holidays; Science (plants and animals)
- PHYSICAL: Gym twice per week; Center play daily; Recess outdoors, weather permitting
- ARTS & HUMANITIES: Art in classroom weekly; Music daily and once per week with the Music Teacher
- TECHNOLOGY: Smartboard in each classroom to enhance learning; Computer Lab weekly
- 100th Day of School Celebration
- Art, Music, Chapel, Computer Skills, & Gym
- Christmas, Easter and other classroom parties
- Field Trips
- Outside Playground Time (weather permitting)
- Student of the Month
- Theatrical/Musical Christmas Program
- Student Birthday Parties (planned and organized by parent)
- Preschool Graduation
school day & size
8:00 am – 3:20* pm.
8:00 am – 11:30 am. (1/2 day 2, 3, and 4-year-old program).
Class size average is between 17- 22 students.
* Full-time tuition covers early & aftercare (7:30 am - 5:30 pm)
2-year-olds: We will work with child to assist in potty training.
3-year-olds: Child should be well on their way to being potty trained.
4-year-olds: Child should be potty trained with minimal assistance.